"fabric has a special place in my heart. It is one of the few places I play all-nighters and it was the first international stop for my Exhale nights. To be a part of the legendary fabric mix series is a really big honour for me."
While Lens is known for her full throttle DJ sets, her fabric presents is a more nuanced affair that showcases the full spectrum of techno. Lens masterfully builds the set, opening with atmospheric snippets from the likes of SLV & Z.I.P.P.O, Pär Grindvik and Michael Klein. The next few tracks are given more space to breathe and unfurl as the mix gets harder, with Beirut’s Nur Jaber providing an early standout, “Rave With Me”, before Lens’ own “Solitude Tool”, a haunting echo chamber, is expertly deployed to introduce the hi-energy synths of Anetha’s “Nikita” and Irregular Synth’s “Mutation.” Lenske heavy hitters Milo Spykers, AIROD and Farrago provide pummeling contributions “Look Ahead”, “Liquor” and “Ensnare”, respectively, before Lenske favourite Regal pairs up with Alignment for the psychedelic techno trip “Astro”. It leads into Hadone’s “Courtship unleashed”, bringing the mix to a spectral, deeply satisfying close.
* these tracks are available on 2 x gatefold vinyl
Customers who buy vinyl receive wavs of the tracks on release day - 22nd November 2019
Note: digital products on this page are the mixed tracks - and when played in sequence form the continuous mix.
- SLV & Z.I.P.P.O - Theory Of Relativity*
- Pär Grindvik - Isle of Real (Colombia M.I.L.Y 2019)*
- Michael Klein - Boiling*
- Flug - ADSR*
- Nur Jaber - Rave With Me*
- Setaoc Mass - Thin Blue Line
- MSKD - Savage Earth
- Amelie Lens - Solitude Tool*
- Anetha - Nikita*
- Irregular Synth - Mutation
- Milo Spykers - Look Ahead*
- AIROD - Liquor*
- Blicz & Geerson - Eleven Roses*
- Ahl Iver - Cry For Redemption*
- Lukas Firtzer - Praise The Night
- Farrago - Ensnare
- Glaskin - Reaktor Rave*
- Regal & Alignment - Astro*
- Hadone - Courtship unleashed*