There's little else to say about the skills of party-pleasing breakbeat don and genre pioneer Krafty Kuts that blog-frenzied breaks fans and electronic music journalists the globe over haven't already attested to. His plaudits and pursuits roll off the fingers like a never-ending list of praise. His countless successful releases on labels including Finger Lickin' Records, Southern Fried Records (Fat Boy Slim's label), FSUK, his two co-owned stables Super Charged and Against The Grain, the latter imprint hosting his most recent LP, "Freakshow", featuring the likes of Dynamite MC, The Scratch Perverts and A Skillz, just lay the groundwork for his seminal live sets. Follow that with his remix production of some of the biggest names in the game, including Jurassic 5, Utah Saints, Arthur Baker, Eric B & Rakim and Afrika Bambaata, and you see where each step-up is heading. This is a man who can waltz into any already blazing dancefloor, in any club, in any town, in any country and take it up a few degrees, and we mean Icarus hot.
There are few artists that have so affected the genre of music in which they produce. Krafty Kuts is easily the most constantly prolific and significant contributor to breakbeat and his continual support from breaks punters to purveyors like his three years as the "Breakspoll Best DJ", "ADMA Best International DJ", "Face of Breaks Best DJ" and other similar awards continue to cement his king spin position within the genre's ever growing talent base. And within his own framework, he has been pushing the genre since its inception, taking trends and influences from all walks of music to create a multi-faceted musical soundscape that is as easily accessible for several thousands at a festival, to just a lone lover of the field.
"If I see people not dancing, then I immediately like to switch it up and give a good energy. If you put too much attitude into your music, then you tend to have people chin stroking or just standing around. So my emphasis is all about the party - making everyone smile and happy, everyone having a good time." Krafty Kuts
For his much anticipated FABRICLIVE mix, Krafty Kuts does not disappoint, piecing together the definitive schooling soundtrack for fans from all corners of breakbeat; downright dancefloor and unabashedly feel-good, this party mix is perfect for some slinky summertime fun.
- Krafty Kuts Intro (FabricLive Mix CD Version) Against The Grain /Supercharged Music
- A Skillz Jelly Finger Lickin'
- Lords Of The Underground What I'm After (Acapella) Capitol
- Milke She Says Adrift
- Grandmaster Flash And The Furious Five The Message (Acapella) Sanctuary
- Malente Move Your Body Unique
- Lady Waks And Hardy Hand feat Mr X "Minimal" Minimal Menu
- Friendly It's The Weekend Finger Lickin'
- Krafty Kuts Ft. Tim Deluxe Bass Phenomenon (VIP Mix) Against The Grain / Supercharged
- Krafty Kuts And DJ Icey Thru The Door (Krafty Kuts Remix) Against The Grain / Zone Records
- Dave Spoon At Night (Beat Vandals Remix) Toolroom
- Krafty Kuts Vs. Deepcut Beer Chucker Deepcut
- Maelstrom Disto Funk Menu
- Splitloop Tweaked Out Supercharged Music Ltd. / Against The Grain
- Krafty Kuts Ft. Ashley Slater Freakshow (VIP Mix) Against The Grain / Supercharged Music
- Plump DJ's Listen To The Baddest Finger Lickin'
- Madox Roger Milla Expanded
- Ralph Robles Takin' Over Fania
- Joe Jackson Is She Really Going Out With Him? A&M
- Deekline And Ed Solo Ft. DJ Assault One In The Front (Acapella) Rat Records
- Rob Le Pitch Twisted (Tom Real And Rogue Element Mix) Passenger
- Aquasky Ft. Acafool Have A Good Time Passenger
- Freestylers Ft. Corinna Greyson In Love With You (Inst.) Against The Grain / Supercharged Music
- Krafty Kuts Ft. Dynamite MC There They Go (Acapella) Against The Grain / Supercharged Music
- Primal Scream Funky Jam Sony BMG